We hope you and your families are staying safe, healthy and well. We have all been through a lot these past few months and are looking forward to going back to our normal routines soon. While many things have changed, one thing has not: our commitment to you or your child's safety and well being. With that said, thank you for your patience and understanding these past few months. We are beyond grateful and feel fortunate to serve such wonderful families and amazing patients.
At this moment, we plan to re-open our practice for in office patient care on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, provided that we have received the proper personal protective equipment (PPE). It has not only been challenging to source the proper PPE, but also to obtain the necessary quality and quantities. We are in the process of adjusting our schedules to meet the needs of our patients. We are planning on being open 5 days a week and selected Saturdays. The hours and days are subject to change based on patient availability, staff availability and the volume of patients that we are able to care for daily/ weekly under the new infection control guidelines.
With the anticipated change in our schedule and the manner in which we are able to schedule each patient, please understand that there is no " playbook " for this. Consequently, please be flexible and understand that we will make some mistakes in scheduling and other administrative areas since the whole process is new to all of us and therefore, will be less than perfect....
We will begin seeing retainer check and observation recall appointments VIRTUALLY via ZOOM on Wednesday May 20 and depending on how those appointments go, we may continue them for a few days, a few weeks or throughout the year. Starting Tuesday May 12, we will start calling patients to reschedule their appointments. We have categorized each and every patient such that each category is assigned a level of priority in terms of " needing to be seen " based on medical / dental / orthodontic necessity. With a patient backlog dating from March 23, 2020 to May 21, 2020, that" block" of patients will be scheduled from May 26, 2020 to a projected date of July 17, 2020. Those patients who were scheduled after May 26,2020 will be rescheduled for after July 20 and so on and so forth. None of this is etched in stone and we will, of course, be making scheduling adjustments as we go, to accommodate the needs of our patients. Once again, please be patient and work with us on all this rescheduling. We will get it done and you or your child will be cared for without compromise.
Please continue to read below as there are some important points on infection control as well as guidelines for our new office protocols.
Cleanliness and infection control have always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you or your child receives care, it is safe, effective and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures that we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We follow the activities and guidelines by these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rules or guidelines being made. We do this to make sure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect both our patients and staff:
• When we call you to schedule your next appointment, you will be asked some screening questions beforehand. You will be asked the same questions again when you are in the office.
• Patients are to bring their own face masks to each appointment. They will be wearing them the entire time leading up to the appointment, and then immediately after.
• To continue practicing social distancing, parents or guardians will be asked to wait in the vehicle during your children's appointments.
• Appointments will be made to allow social distancing between patients. This may mean fewer appointment times are available.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines due to being difficult to clean.
Step by Step what to expect:
• You will receive a call from our office in the upcoming weeks to schedule your (or your child's) next appointment
• Once scheduled, you will receive an email to fill out the Wellness Screening Paperwork. This paperwork must be filled out and brought with the patient to the office
• Brush and floss your teeth approximately 30 minutes before arriving for your appointment. You will not be able to brush or floss in the office. The tooth brushing station is now a hand washing station and to be used as needed.
• Once you arrive at the office, call the front desk from the parking lot. A greeter will then meet you (or your child) at the door to walk you (or your child) upstairs. Parents or guardians are asked to wait in the car during the appointment. For younger children who require a parent or guardian to accompany them, that individual may come and sit in the reception room and practice social distancing. We are limiting the amount of people in the waiting room to a bare minimum.
• Once upstairs, you will sit at the screening station right outside the reception room doorway so we can review your Wellness Screening Paperwork and take your temperature. If your temperature is above 100 degrees, we will have to reschedule the appointment. Refrain from eating anything too cold or too hot 30 minutes before your appointment since it may cause a false reading in temperature.
• The greeter will then walk you in through the reception room entrance where you will then be asked to use the hands free hand sanitizer dispenser to sanitize your hands upon entry to the office.
~ The greeter will then walk you through the reception room and into the back operatories where you will be seated in the dental chair and be seen by an assistant and Dr. Feeney. Both assistant and doctor will be wearing a gown, mask gloves and a face shield
• Once seated, you will be asked to rinse with Peroxyl mouth rinse to disinfect your mouth prior to being worked on.
• Before the appointment is over, our office will call your parent or guardian in the car to schedule your next appointment.
• After the appointment is completed, you will be walked out the back entrance (which is through our lab and x-ray area) and down to your car. Depending upon logistics, the patient may be directed to the rear entrance of the building (in the rear parking lot) to be picked up.
Thank you again for entrusting us with the care of you and your family. We take pride in our work and are serious about our commitment to the health, safety and well being of all the patients, staff and families in our practice universe. All of the above is a tremendous amount to digest, so please rest assured that we are here to assist you and your children. Please do not hesitate to call or email the office to speak or communicate with me or any of our wonderful staff. Thank you and please stay healthy and well. We look forward to welcoming you back and seeing you soon.
Dr. Austin W. Feeney
We know that having a great smile is valuable to one's self-esteem and sense of well-being. That’s why Dr. Austin Feeney and the entire team at our New Canaan, Connecticut orthodontic practice is committed to providing the most exceptional care and results for our patients.
Leveraging today’s latest technology in orthodontics, Dr. Austin Feeney can help achieve results that will transform your smile. Each and every patient’s treatment plan is custom formulated by Dr. Feeney to address an individual’s wants and needs.
In addition, Dr. Feeney’s friendly and attentive staff ensure that your visit to the orthodontist is informative, stress-free and affordable.
We are conveniently located in charming New Canaan, Connecticut to service patients in the surrounding areas of Westport, Norwalk, Weston, Darien and Greenwich. We know that the first step towards a beautiful smile begins with selecting an orthodontist that you can rely on. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at (203)-966-3042 if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Admin. & Emergencies by appointment
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Margaret and Dan S."Dr. Feeney’s calm, kind demeanor and thoughtful insistence on perfection made us realize our three children were in great hands. He has surrounded himself with exceptional staff – competent, patient and encouraging. They go beyond the norm to make each patient’s experience meet the expectations of both child and parents. We wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Feeney to everyone."
Amy F."It has been a true pleasure on absolutely every level having Dr. Feeney and his competent staff help our two girls with their orthodontics. From the minute you greet Lori in the front office to the minute you walk out the door, you are in highly professional, caring hands. It is so reassuring when people care, and this group of dedicated, skilled professionals truly care about the final outcome but also the well-being of their patients throughout treatment. Fabulous experience!!"
Dr. Merissa B."Dr. Feeney is a wonderful orthodontist who cares about every detail of treatment from start to finish. He is a wealth of knowledge and integrity, and a true gem within the community."
Contact Dr. Austin Feeney for your New Canaan orthodontic needs.
Dental Website by Vivio Sites.